Friday, October 12, 2007

Sweet Goodness Holiday Sister Swap - Part 1 SENT

I am excited and nervous as I have sent out the first of 3 packages out for this swap.

This package is suppose to include one hand made item with a Halloween theme (Halloween cone with treats inside, a trick or treat bag for your swap sister's kids, Halloween ATC, Halloween potholders, fall pincushion, note cards, a home decoration, etc.) and some sweet treats.

The funny thing is, I already have most of the 2nd package finished!

This should be a Tags & Swags Swap package! Tags could be any kind of holiday gift tags hand made by you for your sister to use in her holiday gift giving. And swags, why a banner of course! Make a banner/garland for your sister for Thanksgiving or one of the December holidays (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.) to display in their home and show their holiday spirit.

I am so excited about my swag!!!! I was excited about the tags too, but I finished most of those (and those I haven't are more of the same of what I started) so they are "old news" to me. Plus the swag. I just think it is really neat and I think my swap sister will love it. I can't want to post photos after she receives it all!

I have looked at some other swaps thanks to Junie pointing me over to SwapDex. But I feel like most are out of my league. I guess I shouldn't think like that. I never backed down to a challenge when I was working. I guess for now I'll focus on this one (unless I find one that is irresistible) and take on another next year.

Either tonight or tomorrow I will be going out with the kids to put grocery bags on doors to collect food and personal items for "Sharefest 2007". I'm a little nervous, I hope none of the neighbors give me a hard time. Luckily I don't have to ring doorbells, there is a note on the bag and I will go around next weekend to pick up filled bags from folks who have chosen to participate.

3 ripples:

Junie Moon said...

You have great ideas for swapping. Please do not be intimidated or think something is out of your league because it isn't. I don't know what I'm doing half the time and that's why I join swaps--to learn and grow. You will be fine, just have fun which is, essentially, the whole point. Trust me on this.

P.S. All my emails to you are being kicked back. I was trying to let you know that you are already my friend and my husband said you can't adopt me 'cause he kind of likes me, too (grin).

So, here's my snail mail address for the Halloween card exchange:
June Scroggin, 624 S. Rincon Rising Rd., Tucson, AZ 85748.

I'm already working on a card for you, too. So much fun!

Andy said...

YAY! I'm so excited. Didn't get yours off today. But I will on Monday.

Junie Moon said...

I've "tagged" you on my blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin