Monday, December 3, 2007

Another Project Revealed (revised)

Well, I'm hoping that the baby gift recipient has received their baby gift because I'm posting it here now. One of these was sent with a card just as a token gift. Another more substantial gift will follow.

I sewed 3 inch strips of pretty fabric together at a width adequate for the bib pattern I downloaded from the internet. I forget the source... The little bird was included in a purchase I made from MissesKwitty's Etsy store. I just hand appliquéd the cute little guy on there. Then sewed a length of chenille ricrac across one of the seams. I sewed velcro on to each tab on either side of the bib. For the back I used real chenille fabric. I also ironed interfacing onto the cotton fabric after sewing the strips together. It is a little stiff, next time I'd use a softer interfacing!




Another will be given with a cute throw pillow in pink and gray with little baby forest animal print at a shower that I cannot attend this Saturday. For this, I copied the birdie and cut it out of another piece of fabric.




Also, I noticed a cute recycled tree project over at Manda's blog, Treefall. She posted a FREE TUTORIAL! I will have to put this in my "to do" file because I'm not letting myself start any new projects!!!! Not until my scarf is done at least.

2 ripples:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Cute hair cut!

And how DARLING is that bib?! Oh my. Too sweet.

Junie Moon said...

Oh, what a sweet bib project! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin