Monday, June 9, 2008

Embarassing

We went to the bank today to deposit the garage sale money and as I was writing up the deposit slip the kids were looking (touching) stuff on the front table. Next thing you know I hear a CRASH-SHATTER. Miles had dropped a little candy jar onto the tiled floor. I rushed over and glass was EVERYWHERE. I started to pick up the little pieces. And no one NO ONE even came over to see what had happened. Finally an employee was coming in to work and told me not to worry about it, that he'd clean it up. Sheesh. He was very nice and kept telling Miles that it was ok, accidents happen.

I have two, count em TWO of the tea towels in the shop! Don't know how they'll do. I keep counting on things selling to pay for the materials. I wish I was better at marketing. I have no clue and I am certainly not a natural at sales and promotion. I am much more of a behind the scenes type of person. And then today I had to get some more good thread from the nice quilt store in town and was tempted into a few more fat quarters of a different color scheme. Now I need some more linen...




I know, looks the same as the other once. But look closely, the order and size of fabric is different.

And Nilsa, if you want some towels of your own, how about for your bridal shower? What colors do you like?

The house is an absolute wreck and all I feel like doing is sewing. I also bought some fabric to make a new tote. I don't have the interfacing and am waiting until I can use my 50% off coupon at Joann's on the 15th! Right now I want to piece my new fabric together to make another towel and cut out what I can to make the new tote. And my friend would like her wristlet in a different color/style fabric. And I am HAPPY about this because I get to make another one.

But I'd better clean. It will improve my mood immensely when I walk around the house. That and some sunshine!

2 ripples:

Tausha said...

sew glad your safe! I can't even imagine the whole tornado right by my house, wuick run to the basement thing. I would freak freak freak out!
I got the okg today, but my hubby has been home and has not left me alone so I haven't opened it yet, I will tomorrow, and I will tell you how much I love it and how cute it is! Thanks again!
I love the tea towells.
I think that you should so some in reds and yellows, green and white, colors that people have in their kitchen. Your towells are too cute too put in my kitchen-but you never know what people are looking for.
BTW-How fast could you do two custome towells with the colors of red and turquoise? ANd, how much would they be. I am paticipating in a swap and I have to mail in on friday. So sorry-my fault I didn't pay attention to the date-i will have you help me next time. I am sure that you cant get them done and shipped by friday. I willl have to think of something else!

Nilsa S. said...

Awww, accidents happen. I'm sure the bank didn't bat an eye at the lost candy jar. Seriously! Don't fret too much. Shake it off!

And you know you don't have to get me anything for my shower. Seriously. Especially if your current jobless situation continues. However, I really adore the towels you made. Bright colors. Different fabrics. We tend towards the modern (versus country/classical) side, but I think the ones you've already made are a good start for what I love - because I adore the ones you already made!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin