Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pajamas (number 1 of 2 - apparently)

Ellapajamatop

I saw this fabric at Joann's and it just pops out at me whenever I am standing in the back of the store by the flannels waiting for a kid or kids to go to the potty. So when it went on sale for $2.50 a yard, I bought it. After I found a pajama pattern from McCall's (M5744) which were all on sale for $0.99 each. And so, I have completed the pajamas for Ella's birthday present. She's seen the fabric, even tried on the almost complete product to size for waist and hems.

Ellapajamas

But I'm putting it in the storage area now. Back there where I keep the rest of the gifts I buy. Hoping she won't ask about it again. It won't be a total surprise. But I know it means lot to her that her mama made it. Which brings me to my second point. When Miles saw Ella trying these on, he exclaimed that he wanted me to make some for him in soccer ball fabric. Which warmed my heart. And so now I need to find a pattern and another good sale on the flannel. These are really quite easy to make. And I'm happy to do it for my own children regardless.

Next up, doll nightgown...

Oh, and Crystal, if you are reading this, this is the fabric of what scraps I sent you along with some other fabric if you haven't received it yet... :-)

2 ripples:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Do those come in adult sizes? I mean, I'm just saying ... =)

Kathy said...

Cute, Cute, Cute. Wish I could sew but I get so frustrated with sewing I haven't tried to sew for years.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin