Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Signs of Hope

flowr

This morning did not feel like hope.  I half awoke from my Nyquil induced coma to my son crying.  Expecting him to whine on about his big sister tormenting him, he instead crawled in bed with me, stopped crying and fell asleep.  We slept like that for a while until he woke up again wailing in agony that his tummy hurt.

paris

All three of us (the three that don’t work full time) have been through this awful flu-like illness, what now?  And why?  I dragged myself out of bed, my body exhausted and wondered how we were going to make it.  A few hours later, I too had some troubling tummy ailments. 

pinecones

By the grace of God, Miles was better in a few hours and I seemed better too.  I also seemed to have more energy.  I suppose you would agree as I mopped the kitchen floor three times (twice with a mop and finally on my hands and knees with a sponge) and I pulled out the refrigerator to clean the unmentionable seething mess of spills and dust bunnies which had been sitting there for way too long.  As I was about to clean out the inside of the fridge, I received a request for a special order through Etsy.  I abandoned the fridge interior to attend to my very important customer and whipped up a towel to provide a match to the remaining red beater towel in the store.  Not to worry, the fridge got it’s attention later.

tortilla soup

I also managed to whip up a Tortilla Soup recipe (minus the tortillas) from this blog.  I will talk more about that food blog hopefully tomorrow (includes a giveaway).  But I have to say, even without all the ingredients (I did have most of them), this soup turned out very delicious and I have my entire family to back me up on that one.  All bowls were cleaned, not a drop left.  It’s a keeper recipe and a must try for you, my friends!

redbeatershang1redbeatersfront1 

On top of all of this, the snow is melting away, it feels more like Spring is coming again, and I feel the best I’ve felt in several days.  I decided to use the earnings from my last sale to buy more of the Red Beaters  fabric because I just love it to pieces and cannot fathom not having any items of that fabric in my shop soon (only one potholder left)!  Plus I just love it you know.  That makes me feel good and gives me an excuse to go into the quilt shop again.

3 ripples:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Glad to see you're feeling better. Your egg beater towels just reminded me ... I need to head over to your store. NOW!

Margaret said...

So glad you are feeling better. My kids had a stomach virus, and it was awful.

The red beater fabric is so cute, and yay for your custom order.

Lorie said...

I love the red beater fabric!! I think I need an apron!!!

I am glad you are feeling better and if you need to mop more floors mine are available.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin