Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas 2009, Part 1

Our first Christmas celebration took place this past Saturday the 19th, in conjunction with Ella’s 3rd birthday celebration.

We prepared a meal, cake and cookies and set our table up in the dining room in an attempt to create a nice atmosphere.20091219-6

The cookies I made this year from left front going clockwise: Kolachky with honey/almond filling, Mixed Nut Bars, Buckeyes and Gooey Butter Cookies20091219

If you click on any of the above cookie names, you will be directed to their recipe.  Except the Buckeyes.  You can find recipes for those all over the internet, but I didn’t find one like what I use.  Which I love, because I’m used to it.  Let me know if you really want it and I’ll post it or look harder for it on the internet.  Also, a tip for the Gooey Butter Cookies… I found that Duncan Hines has a Butter Recipe Golden Mix that really makes these cookies even better than using the Classic Yellow Mix.  Don’t worry, if you can’t find it, they still taste amazing!

Next up was exchanging presents and spending some time together.

Ella with her Grandpa and Babi.20091219-2

Jen (Scott’s girlfriend) and Uncle Scott.20091219-3

Ella carefully eating her Buckeye on the couch.20091219-4

Miles with Babi.20091219-5

Jason spoiling Velvet (the cat).20091219-9

A family moment… 20091219-7

1 ripples:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

The photos are lovely. I'm glad everyone was willing to come to your house for an early celebration.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin