Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My My



When Miles was a baby I just randomly picked a teddy bear from his stash and put it in the crib with him. He has slept with him ever since. Ella never took to any stuffed animals as much as he has. I gave her "Floppy Dog" in the same manner, but though she loves the dog and does sleep with it from time to time, she has no where near the relationship with it as Miles does with that bear. Before he could talk I named the bear "Buddy Bear", once he just started talking he renamed it "My My" as in "mine! mine!" It is so cute how he sets him down to eat breakfast in the morning. It is not so cute how he will walk around with him sucking his thumb until we take My My away from him. (He's ok if we take him away, we are very nice and tell him to say Bye Bye to My My). He only sucks his thumb when he has My My. We try to limit My My to nap and bed times only. As you can tell by My My's nose, Miles likes to chew on it.

2 ripples:

Junie Moon said...

What a cute little story of a boy and his bear. I love it!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

That is so sweet--little boy and his bear. Awwwww!

I had a really nice blue patchwork quilt that I made for my son when he was a baby--and when he was about a year and a half old--he fell in love with his cousin's pretty pink quilt with the lace around the edges--and traded her the blue one for it! lol He carried that pink blanket around with him until he was about 4 and kept it in his room with him until he was about 10! By then it was so faded you couldn't even tell it was pink.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin