Saturday, October 20, 2007

Food Drive Results

I forgot to take a picture of the loaded CRV, but I was so moved by the number of people who gave food and personal items for the food drive I did throughout my street. We passed out 50 bags and got back 24! That a pretty good turnout! I brought all the bags over to the church (drop off point) and all the volunteers there were so excited to get such a big load. I tried to use this as a learning opportunity for the kids. I would like to continue doing little things like this so it just becomes second nature to the kids!

YAY!

2 ripples:

Junie Moon said...

I'm so glad your food drive was successful! I always contribute two or more bags of food when our neighborhood drive is in effect.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Great work, mama! Way to make a difference in your community!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin