Friday, November 9, 2007

Operation Christmas Child


In October I wrote about a wonderful children's charity called Operation Christmas Child.
"Operation Christmas Child" is a project of the organization Samaritan's Purse. In this program boxes of gifts are sent to children around the world living in difficult circumstances. It is a way to share the Good News of God's love with hurting children. You can join in too, just click on the Operation Christmas Child link in the first sentence of this post!

I started out planning to make up one box then decided to do two, one for a girl and one for a boy. This just felt right since I have a girl and a boy. Well it was so much fun shopping for these two beautiful children whom I don't even know! But you better believe, God knows them! Both of my kids were involved in this effort, but my daughter is the one that really understands what is going on and I'm so happy that she is learning about giving at her age. She didn't even cry about giving the Hello Kitty socks and jewelry away! :-)




What fun! In both boxes is a fun (Hello Kitty or Matchbox Car) toothbrush, toothpaste, Ivory soap, two washcloths, an shirt appropriate for the gender, bubbles!, and a super bouncy ball. The girl also gets Hello Kitty socks and costume necklace and bracelet and a rainbow Care Bear. The boy also gets Moonsand, 2 matchbox cars and a cute teddy bear. I feel so happy thinking of the joy these gifts could bring to children.

See, wasn't that FUN!!! There is still some time if you want to join in on this or at least think about trying it out next year!

Well I just found a graphic to print out for my children to fill in and let the recipient know where they are from! Gotta go!

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14, NIV

0 ripples:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin