Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rough Week

I would have guessed that last week would have been more stressful than this week, but not the case. I am feeling worn thin this week. The house is a wreck and a few things are looming in my mind. Namely, when will I get the time and stamina up again to work on potty training AND what will I do with the kids for preschool next year. I seem to be dragging in these areas.

Now the kids are getting sick which just breaks my heart. I'm not feeling that great either. Jason has to work this weekend. I hate to say it but I feel like I need help around here so I can get a break and be a better mom and housewife. At least Sunday I am scheduled to cash in my Christmas present for time at a spa. Good timing.

Meanwhile I am so blessed with our kids. I just love them so much and soak up everything amazing that they do. And mostly the ordinary things they do that seem so amazing to me. Ella has such a lovely personality. Sometimes you just look over at her and she breaks into a sweet smile. She says things like "I'm happy because Mommy loves me." So many hugs and kisses and true remorse when she knows she has done something that disappoints me. Miles, in his silly boyish independent, yet very dependent way shows affection in his own unique form and sometimes surprises me by pulling my face in with his hands for a kiss, wanting to "snuggle with you Mommy," and the more rare but just as precious "I love you."

Gotta go kiss my sleeping angels... again!

3 ripples:

Sarah and Jack said...

(((Kristi))) It's rough for me right now too. I just feel like everything is such a mess, and I am falling down on the job.

I hope the spa improves things, even if only a little.

Nilsa S. said...

This seems to be such a rough time of year for everyone. Hangover from the holidays. And no time to ourselves. Plus, the weather and the colds and the ... ugh. While the spa thing sounds great, try to do small things every day for yourself. Your kids will be fine for 10-20 minutes. As you read. Or take a bath. It's not enough, but at least it's something! And don't put too much pressure on yourself with things that will come in due time!

Anonymous said...

How was the spa?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin