Friday, March 28, 2008

What is Your Comfort Food?


Yesterday was a bit of a rough one for me. I think it was the weather. It snowed again and more than that, the sky was so gray. I think I have seasonal affect disorder. Not to mention we went out for a walk for the first time this year just the evening before.

At 1 pm I dropped Ella off for a birthday party and took Miles over to Culver's for their custard flavor of the day which was M n M. I've never seen a child eat ice cream so slowly. Anyway, when I looked up from my seat across from Miles and saw the Culver's menu, I saw chicken and it reminded me of my grandma's home cooked meals. Then I had a craving for Cracker Barrel which serves food that reminds me of hers.

I am still thinking about Cracker Barrel, namely their chicken and dumplings (which my grandma actually didn't make). But the side dishes do remind me of her as well as the chicken. She made lots of chicken. She raised chickens.

What do you like to eat when you just need some comfort food?

5 ripples:

Crystal said...

cookie dough. i know, i know but you don't choose these things, they choose you. :) gray days are hard for me too, especially this time of year...it is like COME ON ALREADY!!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Thanks for stopping by my place for a visit!

My vote for comfort food would be beef stew.....hmmmm!

:-) Rosie

Nate Walter said...

I saw your comment today on my blog, then I read your blog about how your grandma raised chickens. It is so funny that you say that because we just went to a market yesterday and there was one booth that just had all of these de-feathered chickens, with their heads still attached, sitting in a bucket. I feel so immature all the time living here and getting so grossed out, but I can't handle it! Anyway, hope you guys are well! That's funny that Miles eats ice cream so slowly :). I've never met a kid who did that! --Faith

Paula said...

Mashed potatoes are my favorite comfort food. mmm... I love Cracker Barrel too. Do we have any around here??
Snowing here on the coast again today. Very strange spring weather for us, but pretty.

Nilsa S. said...

Funny, but I don't associate with traditional comfort food. My mom used to cook many of our dinners from recipes out of Gourmet magazine. So, when I'm in the mood for comfort food, I have to spend an arm and leg at a local fine dining establishment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin