Friday, April 11, 2008

Close to Home

I was most severely affected by breast cancer in the late 80's when it took my maternal grandmother's life.

Today, a friend has it. I met her through a volunteer ministry I joined recently and she has touched my heart and blessed me in a very short time.

She found out last week. Today she goes in for surgery. It could be a lumpectomy, it could be a mastectomy. Of course it all depends on how bad it is.

I will be praying for her and if you are the praying type, please pray for her too. She works in the school system helping kids with problems, she is an excellent mentor for a teen mom and who knows what else she does. She has comforted me in a trying time. I hope God chooses to keep her around longer and gives her the strength to get through this.

2 ripples:

Nilsa S. said...

Hope the surgery goes well. And I hope you give yourself a little break from worrying about her ... and worrying about you. Even if it is just 10 minutes in the shower to free your mind. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hi there, love your blog and your etsy shop...adorable bags! So sorry to hear about your friend, she will definately be in my prayers :) Nice to *meet* you!

Jes

Stop by my blog if you have a minute :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin