Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mood = Weather



We walk by faith, not by sight.

2 Corinthians 5:7

This verse reminds me of a time I was at an Advanced Open Water Scuba Certification weekend in South Beloit, Illinois. We had to do a "deep" dive but the water was so murky. There was a line to hold onto that was connected to a concrete weight at the very bottom of the old quarry (filled with water). At first I was freaked out, it was cloudy, getting darker and getting colder as I passed each thermocline. I couldn't see in front of me, I couldn't see where I was going, I couldn't see my hands. But I remembered the rope. As long as I held onto the rope I would make it to the destination. In a way it was my life line.

My real lifeline is God and as long as I stick with him, I will make it to the destination.

Here is a poem in a card I received yesterday from the director of Teen Mother Choices (where I volunteer). I will keep this card for a long time.

Blessing in Disguise - Emily Matthews

The world is full of miracles
to those who recognize them,
But we have to look the right way
since God sometimes will disguise them,
He shines His light in places
where we'd least expect him to,
And often does the opposite
of what we think He'll do...
He has a way of bringing out
the best within the worst
The moment we stop worrying
and choose to put Him first,
And if we do, He'll pull us through
and help us find the door
That opens to the very thing
that we've been looking for.

1 ripples:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Hi Kristi,
I'm so sorry that there is something going on with you that is bringing you so much disquiet--I will keep you in my prayers.

Big hug,
Karen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin