Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Need Some Energy

It has been one of those mornings. It is Tuesday, a day we have no planned activities requiring us to get out of the house. It is too cold to go out and play (nor do I feel like it). Jason has the CRV because he took his car into the shop. So we are really trapped at home. The shop called about his car and it will be A LOT of money to fix. Great, just what I need to hear right now. So I'm having a bit of a freaked out day about the whole unemployed thing. These days/moment come and go from time to time.

The kids seem to be bouncing off the walls, crying a lot and shouting at me to do things for them.

I just want to be alone right now, or be motivated to not be alone.

3 ripples:

Nilsa S. said...

I'm sorry. When it rains, it pours ... or so it seems. Have you considered taking this opportunity to go down to one car? Talk about de-cluttering. Sure, it'd be an adjustment, but it might save you a few extra pennies.

As far as your kids go - they most certainly feed off the energy in the house, right? I'm not sure how they might react to this, but have you considered setting them up with an activity and asking them to let you *read*sleep*be in the other room alone* while they finish it because *mommy needs some mommy time*? I dunno? I like to think kids would understand that need. Even if it is only 20 minutes out of your very long day.

Wish I could ditch work to help...

Amanda Jo said...

Bless your heart! My hubby and I lived with one car for a very long time. One car-ing it worked for us though, it isn't as bad as most people think. I, however, remember days where he'd have the car and it would be only me and Ethan in the house all. day. loooong.

I've been known to hang out in the bathroom pretending to be doing my business while I'm actually just reading a book for 5 minutes. OH! Do you have any friends who could come over for a midday playdate?! Those area always my favorite!

I'll be praying for you today!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Just found my way over here from the TSB site. Sure does seem like it all happens at once, doesn't it? I hate that. I always tell myself that if it would just happen in a steady trickle rather than a flood, it wouldn't feel quite so overwhelming. Hope things are better for you on Wednesday. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin