Friday, June 20, 2008

Can I Just Sleep Through Next Week?

If you are keeping up with our life, you know we are going through an uncertain time. I thought the beginning of this time was hard, and it was, but the potential resolution is hard too. I guess not as hard though. At any rate, I've had a rough day emotionally. You see, we are waiting on decisions from a few opportunities. We think they should be coming soon. Jason has his favorite and I am supportive of him. I agree that it would suit him best, allow him to succeed as well as to grow in his career. It would mean a move, and we are both up for it if it all works out. But the waiting is killing me, I can't imagine what it is doing to Jason. Though he is actually stronger and less emotional about the whole thing. So we will see and I hope we have good news within a short amount of time.

On the other hand I'm feeling not so great about myself. I am not doing what I do best, which is science and math. I suppose loving my kids is something I do better than that, but sometimes I just don't feel like I'm being a great mom. I love to sew but don't seem to have the talent to promote myself. Should I stop doing what I love or just do it for gifts and for us and for friends? These are all questions I really need to think about.

3 ripples:

TAMI said...

Sounds like Jason has an intentional, purposed, supportive, talented and multi-faceted woman at his side. Those are big, wonderful and COMPLICATED traits.

Amanda Jo said...

Sweet friend,

I am so sorry your family is going through so many trials at once. I know how it feels to have stress on so many sides and, like you, it always leads me into thinking that I should be doing more or better. Just remember, all you have to do is please the Lord and nothing more - everything else will fall into place (taking care of family...talents...etc).

I hope you find comfort in knowing that I and others are praying for you, Jason and your sweet children.

Nilsa S. said...

Hang in there. Resolution will be here soon. And during the decision process, keep your family in mind. Jason's happiness is important, but so is that of you and your children. Don't overlook the importance of that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin