Monday, June 30, 2008

A New Favorite Artist

I found Jen's work on the front page of Etsy yesterday. Her shop Swallowfield features many amazing prints of her work. The one that caught my eye was Little Boxes on the Hillside:



You see, we have a poster of art by Howard Finster made to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. Jason was involved in the organization in college and obtained one of these posters which was signed by the artist. Suspecting it was worth a little I got it mounted and framed. It hangs in the basement and thought it would be neat to complement the piece with other works containing houses.

What I love about Jen's work is that she uses many "textures" (patterns) in her work. To me it looks like the Patchwork Quilt of life...

Other pieces from Jen that caught my eye...



0 ripples:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin