Monday, August 4, 2008

Something for Me

I wrote out the following post yesterday so it would be ready to go today. But now I feel so selfish. I just got an email from a friend who was out of state with her family for most of the summer to spend time with her parents. See her mom is dying from cancer. It has been a very bumpy ride but I will spare you the details. My friend and her family just got home from their long car ride back and are turning around to fly back to her parents' home. Her mom took a very bad turn for the worse and doesn't have much time left. I know her mom is anxious to go Home. But I know this will be hard on her family. On my friend. I cried this morning after reading her email. I don't know what to do. But I want to do something. For now, on with my frivolous post below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I have really loved working with a particular fabric combination in a special order for a friend and a diaper bag for a cousin. So I decided to make a purse for myself. I am so happy with how it turned out. This was made using the Diana Handbag pattern by iSew.





And here is a great photo of Ella taken by Jason using the morning light.

1 ripples:

Nilsa S. said...

Sometimes just being there for your friend is more than you could ever "do" ... the fact she knows you're thinking of her, supporting her, goes miles.

Love your new little bag. So cute. Then again, I'm biased.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin