Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Easiest. Skirt. Ever.

Recently I found this tutorial for sewing up a child's skirt.  This will take you less than an hour.  Believe me.  Unless, maybe, you've never sewn before.  Just browse the directions and you will see what I mean.

20090728

So of course I had to make one for Ella for school.  One less piece of clothing that needs to be purchased for the school year!  I found this great fall fabric at my local quilt store Quiltplay, during the owner's 23% off birthday sale.  It is by Moda from the 3 Sister's Peace on Earth Collection.

20090728-2

The tutorial calls for a ribbon border, but I used a strip of fabric folded in half lengthwise and sewn onto the hem.  Not sure the origins of the fabric used for the trim.

20090728-3  

When I found the accent fabric, I knew it was perfect.  It took me a while, but as usual I don't stop looking until I find it.  And I KNOW when I've found it.  I'm so happy with this, I am planning to make another.  And maybe another.

The only problem is that I overestimated the amount of fabric I need and now have somewhere less than a half yard left.  My first thought is to make a headband to match.  Any other accessorizing ideas?

0 ripples:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin