Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sewing Cabinet DONE!

It has been done for a while, but I have had a pretty crazy couple of weeks, so I am just now getting around to posting photos.  I finally completed my goal of repainting my sewing cabinet that my mom handed down to me.  You can follow the saga of this project here.

20091004-2 

The spray paint technique did not work out for me.

20090704 

And so I stripped it with real paint stripper and not just the liquid sandpaper I used the first time.  I sanded too.  Much better!  Then I primed and painted with a brush.  One coat of Kilz.  Two coats of antique white.  Brush painting has its drawbacks.  You can see brushstrokes and some drips go undetected until it is too late.  But that is where I learned you can sand between coats. 

20090824

And while it's not perfect.  I'm happy! 

Beforeempty

After

20091004

Matches much nicer with my wall organizer and my neat Ikea chair!  Looks great from a distance too.

2 ripples:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

You should be very proud...it looks great!!! Hope you have a great week.
Blessings,
Linda

SoMi's Nilsa said...

OMG, your whole sewing room looks great. I never would've guessed the table was a hand-me-down! Makes me REALLY want to paint this old dresser we have in our guest room ... the one relic from Sweets' life pre-marriage that he brought with him to our home!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin