Friday, December 25, 2009

Home for Christmas

This year we stayed home together all day Christmas.  It was a really nice experience!!

Before the big day, the kids really enjoyed wrapping!

20091221

On Christmas Eve everyone got new PJs.  I did too, but you do NOT want to see me in pajamas!  The kids not only went to sleep in them on Christmas Eve, they never changed into their clothes on Christmas Day!  Mr. Grinch did shower and change into clothes, for the record.  And he’s not really a Grinch.  They were just cute PJs.

20091224 

The kids were more than ready to get the unwrapping started!  We didn’t go too crazy this year with gifts.  We tried to stick to this rule for each kid.  4 gift rule – something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read.  And you know what?  It was nice and I think the kids enjoyed it more than getting a ton of gifts.  Their gifts were VERY well thought out by us and they weren’t overwhelmed.  The big hit for Ella was a play digital camera.  Something she didn’t even ask for, but is really having a blast with and I think is a very creative tool.  It has video too!

20091225-3

I bought this beautiful handmade dress from Crystal of Little Bit Funky.  Ella loved it and talked about it later.  She’ll be wearing it tomorrow for Christmas at my parents’.

20091225-2 

Miles had a Very “Cars” Christmas.  For the most part.

20091225-4

I made a couple of these for the hubby.

20091225-5

And a Czech dinner for the family.  Pork roast, sour potatoes, dumplings (Knedlicky) and sauerkraut.  (Jason is 1/2 Czech).

20091225-720091225 

1 ripples:

Matt Stratton said...

Carrie and I both love the whole "something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read" thing. My question is...where does Ella's camera fall in? My assumption is that it was determined to be something she "needed", right, Jay? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin