Friday, March 7, 2008

Update

On the potty training front, Miles is doing really well this first week post "formal" training. He averages about 1 accident a day and seems to be having a bit of trouble with "#2." I'm very proud of him and hope he keeps getting better and better. He seems to need someone around to tell he has to go potty before he'll go, so if you are too far away, he might have an accident.

I got my blood work back from a physical I had two weeks ago and the doctor was beaming at the results. I am very healthy and even have off the charts good cholesterol (and low bad cholesterol). Everything else is normal and good. What a blessing.

Earlier today got a bit of a reality check. An acquaintance found out that her husband has a tumor on his pituitary gland. Long story how they found it. It was because of "unusual" reasons, they weren't looking for it, neither did they suspect something was wrong. He has to have surgery to remove what they can and then radiation to get the rest. Chances of it coming back are high. Yikes. Plus my acquaintance is pregnant and has a 2 year old boy. You never know what can happen to you or your loved ones at any time.

I haven't started on the drapes at all.

We hope to accomplish something this weekend. Including looking at some hardwood floor and a light fixture. I am not sure we will all be able to make it to look at curtain rods.

At any rate, I hope you all have a great one!

1 ripples:

Nilsa S. said...

So glad to hear Miles is a champ with the potty training. It just took that one weekend of extra attention and he takes off!

You're so right about things can change so easily. I hope your friend and her family are holding up ok. And I hope it serves as a gentle reminder to enjoy your time with your own family -- those curtain rods can wait.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin