Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This Little Corner of the World

We are having a HEATWAVE here! It's in the 60's.

Today I dropped off my sewing machine. Boo hoo. Wow, there was a lot more wrong with it than I even realized. I also have a very short window in which to decide if I want to upgrade to a new model. I'd get a discount for trading in my old one, but the one I'm eyeing is still quite expensive. Should I do it bloggy friends? Here is the one I want.

That's right, it has Marie Osmonds name on it...

Here are its features:

Automatic Straight Stitch Needle Plate
Stitch Combination to Memory
Stitch Elongation
Mirrored Editing
5 Recall Memory Banks
201 Utility and Decorative Stitches
10 One-Step Buttonholes
3 Fonts with European Characters
Large, Backlit and Easy-to-Read LCD Screen
Maximum Zigzag width: 7mm
Maximum Zigzag length: 5mm
Variable Speed Control
Programmable Needle Up/Down
Start/Stop Button
One-Hand Needle Threader
Built-in Thread Cutter
Bobbin Winder Thread Cutter
Free Arm/Flat Bed Convertible
Auto-Tension System
Top-Loading Full Rotary Hook System
Extra High Presser Foot Lift
Drop Feed Dog
Snap-On Presser Feet
Built-in Accessory Storage
10 Languages Available On-Screen
Dual Krypton Lights
Electronic Foot Control
Swing-Open Face Plate
Adjustable Foot Pressure
Superior Feed System (SFS)

Seems like heaven to me...


Here's the other one I was shown:


First of all it scares me. Are those tattoos and blood stain on there? Looked like it to me. Did I mention it is called the "Thread Banger". Second of all, while it seems like a minor step up with nicer/easier features, I would not really be getting many more functions. And thirdly, I don't want it to make me want to start sewing with skull and crossbones fabric only!

I listed a couple of new items in the shop today!





Another casserole carrier is done and will be listed soon.

Since the machine my mom lent me cannot do all of the heavy duty work needed for most of my items, I think I'll work on easier to sew (not too many layers or thick fabrics) placemants.

Have a great day all!

2 ripples:

Anonymous said...

The thread banger has fewer stitches and you want some more stitches to use. Mother

bigbucketgirl said...

i wanted you to know that i am 'jaw droppingly in awe' of your casserole carrier! it is fantastic! i've never seen anything like that before! my mother would adore one as she often makes dishes for people. WOW! I'm thinking a fabulous present for mothers day which over here is in march...it should mean i have time to remember my password for etsy!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin