Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Moving on Up

Last week I experienced a very moving event, the graduation of two young women from the Teen Mother Choices program.

They have each come a long long way and have been truly transformed into the wonderful people and moms that they are today.

gradswflowers

For all the many times I've seen the benefits of this program, I certainly felt the power of it effects at this ceremony.

I am so happy for these women who have been through a lot and have come so far.  I just pray for them now - a life of continued learning, loving and wonderfulness.  The woman on the right is the one getting married this July.  I met up with her at the fabric store today to pick out and purchase the fabrics for the projects I will be helping her out with for her big day.  It is such an honor to be a part of her life in this way.  I love spending time with her and getting to know her better.  I can't wait to get started on her projects!

If you are interested in the Teen Mother Choices program for your community you can get started by going here.  I am so blessed to be a part of this program in our area!

imgTmcLogoHome

2 ripples:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

What an amazing journey these women have taken - and you're a part of the reason they've come as far as they have. That's something that should put a smile on your face!

Margaret said...

That is so great.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin