Thursday, May 28, 2009

Shiny Happy Hair


I have always aspired to have shiny healthy hair. I love shiny hair and love to have it on my own head. I've tried lots of different shampoos. Many cheap shampoos and a handful of a little more expensive shampoos. The best I'd come up with until recently were Biolage by Matrix and Back to Basics by Graham Webb. Oh, and then there is the Shampure by Aveda that I tried a smaller bottle of last year. It was nice, but seemed to not work as well after a while.



Well now I've found some new to me products that I am in love with! The hotel sized versions of the shampoo, conditioner as well as shower gel, lotion and bar soaps of L'Occitane products were provided at the Four Seasons where we stayed for a night while in Miami at Jason's work conference. After one use my hair was shiny, soft and smelled like heaven. And even after skipping a shampooing for a day, my hair still not only looked great, it smelled great (usually I notice the nice smell of shampoo wears off after a day).

I have been using both the Aromachologie L'Occitane Shampoo and Conditioner ever since (a month at least), and I have not been disappointed. So I just wanted to share my discovery with the rest of my readers. This line comes in a few different formulas - volumizing, repairing, dry and damaged hair and normal and fine. Of course it is not cheap at $17 a bottle {10.1 oz for shampoo and 8.4 oz for conditioner}, but I think it is so worth it. And you can probably figure out a schedule of rotating between this and a cheaper product. You can also purchase sample sizes if you want to try it out. If you were wondering, L'Occitane is actually a boutique chain store {is that an oxymoron} and can be found most likely in upscale malls or shopping areas. If you don't have a L'Occitane store near you, it is pretty easy to find their products on the internet.

2 ripples:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

In the winter, I buy this shea butter hand cream that is amazing. Seriously 100x better than all the other products I've tried. As you said, L'Occitane products are expensive, but definitely worth the splurge!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Good to know! Thanks for sharing...it's always such a journey finding products that actually work (or work for you anyways!) I'll have to check into getting a sampler of this stuff and giving it a go. I have thick curly hair that tends to frizz and have a heck of a time finding products that I like.
Smiles, Karen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin