Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pillow Animals

Remember that sneak peak I gave you yesterday of my {then} latest project {I have another project completed since last night}?  Well here is the result:

Two adorable animal pillows with patchwork borders and minky backings with antiqued buttoned envelope openings.

penguincatpillows

First up was the penguin.  I looked up some pictures of penguins and then freehand drew one of my own.  I transferred the imagine to Steam-a-Seam 2, attached one side of the S-a-S 2 to the fabric to be cut out and cut all layers.  Then removed the other side of the S-a-S 2 and stuck it onto the white square and ironed it to fuse the pieces.  Then zig-zag stitched around the image.  Repeat for all the other little pieces.  For the penguin I added two small black buttons for eyes and a long heart button for the beak.

 penguinpillow

For the cat I embroidered the eyes, nose and mouth and added thin ribbon for the collar.  I hand sewed on the bow.

catpillow 

I really love the look of the patchwork of fabric as borders.

These cutie pillows will be going to some cute little girls as a present from their doting daddy.

I am going to save my next project for tomorrow, as hard as that is for me to do!

1 ripples:

Margaret said...

Those are so cute. I started a pillow the other day too, but I didn't like how it turned out.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin