Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sewing Ministry

As you may know, I offered to make a few items for a wedding of a young woman who graduated from the Teen Mother Choices program and is getting married this summer.  I used a Burda pattern {style 9702} with modifications {thinner straps and fuller skirt} to make two flower girl dresses and here is how they turned out {they look much cuter on the girls}:

  2009 06 22_5931

I also made this ring bearer pillow with pearl beads at the corners and finished with a navy bow.

2009 06 22_5933

2009 06 22_5933

And finally, I did not take pictures, but I made three wristlets in the wedding colors for bridesmaid's gifts.

As I tell anyone who shows interest.  Giving of your heart and of your talents and time comes back to you many fold in such joy.  I was so honored to be a part of the preparations for this young lady's wedding and I'm looking forward to attending and seeing how it all comes together!

I certainly plan to occasionally use my sewing skills to minister to others.  Because you see, when you are doing a project like this, you can't help but think of the people involved and you might even pray over them and put lots of love and positivity into your creations.  Plus meeting with the client and getting to know them better, is such a special opportunity.  I hope to be a part of this woman's life for a long time as a support and guide as she needs it.

I truly believe that you can use just about any skill, talent, gift that you have to better someone's life and touch their heart.

1 ripples:

Teena in Toronto said...

Good job!

Happy blogoversary!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin